Thursday, August 28, 2008

I LIKE IKE


Well gang, let's talk Ike. He really is a swell little chap. He has Ben's ears. I thought Mae had Ben's ears when she was born, but she doesn't. She has Ben's mom's ears. Here is a diagram to differentiate the two models:

The Ben Ear: (
The Carol Ear: /

(This is a view from the front, if you follow me.)
And an unfortunate genetic trait that my two kids do have in common is their mother's purple-white skin. It looks great on them, though. They pull it off five hundred times as well as I do. Ike has fuzzy white hair, and a little boy face. He smells so unbelievably good. I sniff at him all day. What a world for our little son... I mean, so much shady business going on all the time. His mama, smelling him all the time, his big sister helping to "burp" him on his face, and giving him very sloppy kisses, his daddy, lapsing into fits of loud protest every time he has a bowel movement. Strange. He is bringing us so much dadblasted happiness and joy, and giving us constant cause to wash our bedding. Ah, Ikey. We likey.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Ohh
that's awesome!

Alicia Hamaker Oakes said...

hey whats your mailing address. im going to send you the best invention for boy pee issues. they are called pee pee tee pee's they are like little hats that you put over the pee pee while changing a diaper. keeping you free of pee showers. 3 boys later i figured these out and they are great.alicia

Sherri Lynn said...

Your off-spring are just too cute for words. I like Ike too (even if it does make me think of Truman and that whole biography debacle). Congratulations! I also love your blog and your writing style, it always make me so happy.

adam said...

I had to comment. Congratulations! Looks like you are doing well!

Sheryl said...

This is SUCH a cute post! p.s. thanks for thinking of me for the friend thing. is your friend in the dc 2nd ward? if so tell her to come say hi at church. i think i sort of stick out, but i don't know.

Alicia Hamaker Oakes said...

ok my mailing is rt. 4 box 4562 roosevelt utah 84066. still have your package here ready to mail. coming soon to a mail box near you. lol alicia

Emily said...

Cute ear diagrams! What an Ike specialty! love you, Em

Miss Brandy said...

Eirene! Hello! It's Brandy. I was talking to Shellie at our field trip the other day and I can't believe you've already got 2!!! You're as crazy as I am!

I have some questions about Montessori method if you've got a sec. I'm struggling having the kids at their new school and wondering if my fears are founded.

If you've got a sec between feedings, e-mail me at detailsutah@hotmail.com

Thanks a million and WOW! Congratulations!

Breezy said...

TAG your it! See my blog for more info :) http://apeekatcoles.wordpress.com/

p.s. Ike looks like his mama! :)

Love, Bri

Alicia Hamaker Oakes said...

post new pic please!!!

Rob and Mely said...

Eirene!It's Melynee Caldwell!You are the mother of two! Holy cow! How are you?! I got your blog from Christy Hancock who is in my ward here in Oklahoma! Small world eh? You are still in Provo right? We are headed back there in May, I would love to see you! Let me know what's going on with you! I have a blog as well, its robandmely.blogspot.com or you can email me at melaluka_15@yahoo.com
Love ya hun!

Melynee