Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Maebe, Maebe not

Lately, I have been a little addicted to sewing, and Mae has reaped all the benefits:

This little number shows off nicely my newly discovered skill of shirring. (Translation, the bunchy elastic stitchery around the waist and sleeves. It adds a bit of boho to anything!) Please note my adorable model's little pigtail. Sure, it looks a little post-nap, but hey, that is a pigtail, friends!These little green pants were supposed to be capris. I guess I over-estimated the length of Mae's legs. And at this point, my model was really starting to lose her patience, and so I indulged her a little, and let her maul the camera. This was ample payment for her sufferings.


Ruffly Amy Butler samari pants never hurt anyone. I think I'll wait until she can walk to put these ones on her. And maybe until she grows three inches taller, too. (Yes, Mae is kissing her reflection passionately in that photo. She's a little Narcissistic, I'm afraid.)

And Mae has two teeth. Count 'em and weep! Plus, she's cute.


And, truly, what blog can be called complete without some spaghetti footage? I didn't make anything in these last three pictures... except for Mae. And the Spaghetti. So... I guess I'm pretty talented and stuff.

7 comments:

Heather E. said...

Shirring. I thought that was only possible in the china factories. You need to check out my new favorite pillowcase dress tutorial. I made an adorable one for Hay, but it turned out to be a tunic, as she was sleeping, I couldn't measure her.
http://roomsomewhere.blogspot.com/2007/07/pillowcase-dress-tutorial.html
Also, my fabric was a sampling from ALCO(!) that my mom found.

MEvans said...

Love, love, love your creations-especially little Maebe, and missing the days when I only had one itsy child to sew for during naptime (except that then I only had one sweet baby and now I have three). But, I do miss the sewing!

MEvans said...

Oh, and I never have learned shirring, care to teach?
Tess

Breezy said...

Hey! I am so glad we will be able to keep in touch through blogs! :) It is so much fun. It was wonderful seeing you yesterday, I miss your smiling face and the joy you carry everywhere you go. Here's my blog
http://apeekatcoles.wordpress.com/
Love, Bri

Sheena said...

Yay! I've been dying to see pictures of Mae. She's a dream.

Barrettes and Bows said...

Rene,

Your kid is cute. Also on to Anna...I LOVED the book. I will admit I skipped some of the parts about farming and junk. But for the most part LOVED the book. I thought it was a fabulous glimpse into human nature. All the good, bad, and ugly that we humans are wrapped up into one fabulous novel about cheating on your spouse. HMMMM..Anyway, good read.

Dustirrific said...

Mae is getting so big and darling. You have have some more pictures of you guys.