Thursday, June 7, 2007

Fascinating Changes

Having a baby is a very interesting, unforgettable thing. The word "interesting" here meaning "involving extreme amounts of pain, blood, sweat, and exhaustion," and the word "unforgettable" here meaning "involving a lovely tiny person who is undeniably perfect and sweet." She is amazing. I love her more and more every instant. Additionally, having a baby is surprisingly romantic! Despite many distractions, Ben and I are falling more in love. We don't have as much time or energy to express it, you see, and so we've gotten very good at these exhausted, contented little visual exchanges that say "Wow, I love you. I can't believe how much I love you. And if I didn't have this sleeping infant on my chest, and weren't too physically exhausted to clamber off this couch, I would come over there and really show you what I'm talking about." Anyway, if you've had children, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. It's very happy business. Mae and I get along swimmingly. I think she really likes me. I, too, would like someone if they carried me around all day and fed me every time I indicated my hunger. We just bond and bond all day. It's our favorite pastime together. And so, in short, everyone is falling into their rolls very well, and we're having lots of fun! (I think I might be having the most fun of all because I get to breastfeed and read books. I'm clear to the seventh book in the Series of Unfortunate Events. Those poor Baudelaire orphans. They suffer so much and I am so blessed. Life is so unfair.)
Eirene

4 comments:

Super B said...

Eirene,
I don't know if you remember me, but I was a friend of Mim's at college. I remember meeting you a couple of times. Your little one is darling and I am so happy for you and your sisters.
Best of luck and blessing to you and your new little family!

cat said...

Hey Mini Mim! It has been a long time since I have seen you! I see that you have a baby and are married. Congrats on that! You should pat yourself on the back because you have made one beautiful baby!

cat :)

Audra said...

Hi Love,

Haha you can see that I found your blog, your baby is beautiful and I am very happy for you. Keep in touch right rene?

check us out at www.sidwells.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Eirene,

Congrats on your new baby. She is darling, of course. I am so happy for you and so happy that you are so happy. Life is good...